Minnehaha Falls!


Today I enrolled in all of the units (well, the first years' worth!) for my teaching degree I'll be recommencing next year! And oh man, what a job that was sorting it all out! I finally got my advanced standing; the credit for the study I've already done, and this meant a year has been taken off the four year degree. But this also meant that the proposed timetable for study was completely off - so I had to check every unit for the entire three years of study and see which semester they would be offered in, and then try and match that up with the compulsory units and my electives! Sounds relatively simple, but every time I thought I had it sorted, I'd check the timetable and discover that the classes were clashing with one another. But of course persistence paid off and I got there in the end! (Well, bar one compulsory unit but I'll worry about that later!). 

Anyway, it's all done now and I'm all enrolled. And I won't be the only one in the family going to study next year - the Eldest One has enrolled in a Bachelor of Criminal Justice and Criminology through Griffith University in Queensland! She will be doing it online rather than on campus, so no moving out of home for her! So with the Social One doing her final year of high school next year, it might get a little crazy in our house, with all that intense studying happening......

Exciting much?! 

Ok, now I know I said maybe I'd put some Christmas decorating photos up this post, but I haven't taken any. So I can't. But I will do that for the next post, because once we get the outside decorated tomorrow, the house is all done and looks amazing!! 

So now on to the last of the trip photos! I can't believe we've been back nearly three weeks! That's so insane!!


Our day trip to Minnehaha Falls was pretty impromptu, but thanks go to Uncle Mark because it was awesome!! (and somewhere I've wanted to visit every trip to Minnesota but haven't).


This place is seriously beautiful! 



Some cousin bonding time....



hehe...





Somebody may have needed an Aunty to rescue him......


But everybody wanted to explore the rocks!













More cousin bonding time....







Squirrels chasing each other up trees....


Then we walked to Dairy Queen, passing the gorgeous Minnesota School of Botanical Art. Such a pretty building!


More tree lined streets...


And finally some pumpkin smashing and a couple of Bald Eagles soaring in a beautiful sunset...





And that brings us to our journey home. It was uneventful, unlike last years' rush through Brisbane airport and nearly missing the connection, and the subsequent nightmare toddler on the five hour flight to Perth. No, this time the children slept, and slept, and slept. 

And now we start saving and looking forward to the next trip. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

Time To Say Goodbye

Sleeping All Night and Other Updates!