June...JUNE??!!!


So, ummm, HI!!! Yeah I know I had every intention of posting on here more than once a month or so, but it just doesn't seem to happen so I'm going to stop apologising for not posting more often and just accept that I'm busy and once a month-ish is about all I can get to.

And now that's out of the way, let's summarise what we've been up to this month!

Aside from the normal chaos of our life with school stuff and work stuff, we've had Miss P being less than a Wonderwoman and being super grumpy because she's had a cold that seems to never ever end.

We had Mothers' Day where I was well and truly spoilt and spent the day drawing and drinking tea surrounded by The Awesome One and all of the kidlets, which made the day truly awesome.

I had another solo exhibition which was weird in that it was just ordinary. It was just, put artwork up, leave it there for 10 days, then take it down. And there was no build up or huge focus, it was just part of work/life. Which is good that I've found myself at the point where I can exhibit kind of as par for the course, but weird cause it feels like there should be more excitement because it's such a big deal.... Maybe that doesn't make sense, but it does in my mind.

Also we had a little bit of a trip to the Emergency Department to get stitches. That was me of course, not surprisingly. I kind of stabbed myself with a lino cutting tool. For those who aren't aware, a lino cutting tool is a very sharp V shaped metal blade that you use to carve away the layers of lino when you are creating art prints. But instead of only using it on lino, I kind of slipped and actually stabbed myself in my finger and almost went all the way through to the other side, but didn't. ( I could blame it on the fact that I was dancing a little while singing to music while cutting lino, but I won't).  There was a lot of blood and it really hurt. But once the nurse gave me a local anaesthetic it didn't hurt anymore and I was able to watch her clean it and stitch it with much interest actually!

We also tried Vegemite chocolate.


It's really not very good. 


I have also spent the last month getting my new art venture up and running. Designed as a side shoot to my existing gallery and commission work, this new Etsy store is a place for me to sell small works on paper exclusively. All of the work is small enough to post easily and is all under $100. Postage is free for everything within Australia and only $5 for the rest of the world. So you can click on the shop title to see it for yourself: Bohemian Ink Studios on Etsy. It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself!




 I also promised you photos of my studio quite some time ago and never delivered, so here are a couple. Well, one plus a photo of my tulle skirt flower lamp. I love it. :)




Next photos up are my awesome canvas art, which is my version of an inspirational or motivational quote. I really like all the stuff I see on Pinterest, you know all the art that you can hang up that says stuff, positive stuff about your family. But I wanted to have something relevant to us. We are unique (and that's a really good thing!), so this here is what I came up with. It's hanging on our kitchen wall, and yes, I hand drew all of it! It's very very splendiforously awesome.






Hmm, so other news..... The Eldest One is now done with high school and is starting a Certificate II in Hairdressing. Which is a precursor to an apprenticeship. This course runs for 6 months, and then when it's done she'll go into a 3 year apprenticeship at the end of which she'll have her Diploma and be a fully qualified hairdresser. She has also booked her test to get her drivers' licence and of course will be 18 in just a couple of months. ***sigh****

And the most exciting part of this last month was when we saw this amazing super sale on airfares and actually booked tickets! So myself, the Awesome One, Miss Penelope and The Little Dude will get to experience Halloween in the USA!!!!! You seriously cannot have any idea how excited I am about this prospect.

It's not a secret that I love Halloween, it's my favourite holiday. So to be able to experience it over there is such a huge excitement factor for me!!! Of course the trip for me is actually business - there are various things I am looking into - but that doesn't mean we don't get to have fun too. We'll be there for almost two weeks, including Halloween!!! Yay!!!!


So that's what we've been up to. Next time I blog here I think it'll probably be about Miss P's upcoming 2nd birthday :( Yes, it makes me sad, but also happy. But mostly sad that she's getting so big!!!

So here's some photos and a couple of videos to show you all how big she's getting!!!











Yeah, so she eats peas and corn for dinner. She kind of loves them and won't eat much else at the moment. Whatever, at least it's vegetables!





Seriously, could she look any more like her father!?!?!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

Time To Say Goodbye

Sleeping All Night and Other Updates!