24 days till Christmas!

It's December 1st, so that means it's time to put the Christmas tree up! I actually had my doubts that we'd get it done this weekend - I had been so busy with fete preparations that I hadn't given Christmas decorations much thought. And then after the fete yesterday we were just so exhausted that I was not planning on doing anything today!

I actually slept in until 11:30am! I honestly don't remember the last time that has happened. The Awesome One got up when Little Miss Penelope woke at 9am and I stayed in bed and slept. It was amazing! And then I stayed in my pj's all day! So around 3pm I decided that we should do the tree and the children were very excited! Miss Penelope sat in her walker and played while the tree and the boxes of decorations were brought inside.
 








One of the good things about having older children is that they are capable of doing stuff the little ones just can't do. Like assembling the tree. The Eldest One was in charge of putting it together while the younger ones handed her the branches.




She also put the lights on and the other three put tinsel on, each doing a layer. Then they had to decide who was putting what ornaments on the tree.




Little Miss Penelope was very interested in the decorating process while the tinsel was going on, after that she decided she was cranky and not overly interested actually after all!






The last few years I have let them do the tree mostly on their own, and this year it was entirely on their own. While it was a little frustrating at first to have ornaments just put wherever on the tree, and the lights and tinsel not all neat and just so, I think they are only little for such a short time that I need to let them do it. There will come a time when they either don't want to do it, or aren't around to decorate so for now it's nice to see them put things where they want, and see them smile at their end results. They are proud of the tree and it makes them happy so while it might not look picture perfect, it's perfect for us. :)


 
And I think it looks beautiful anyway and it does make me smile!


They were all very happy with the end result, declaring that Christmas really is just the most magical time of the year!  And how nice is it that I managed to get them all smiling and looking at the camera at the same time, even Little Miss Penelope!?

Merry Christmas with 24 days to go!



Follow on Bloglovin
You might like to read:

Workspace photo
Immunisations, A New Studio Workspace and a Parcel In The Mail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

2013, A Look Back

Time To Say Goodbye